Items handled by the customer include the following:
1. You should plan on transporting all valuables. This includes items such as money, jewelry, coin collections, and important papers.
2. You must also transport all items that are flammable, explosive or corrosive. This includes aerosol cans of any kind, fire extinguishers, paints and paint cleaners, ammonia and bleach. Please see the attached "Non-Transportable Items" page for a complete list.
3. Transporting wine can be difficult due to temperature fluctuations. Stevens is not responsible for any damage that is done beyond bottle breakage. You also may want to give away or discard open bottles, Stevens doesn’t allow open liquids of any kind in our equipment.
4. Lawn mowers and other gasoline-powered engines must be emptied of oil and gas. In addition, gas cans should be washed out to avoid fumes. If autos are being transported the gas tank should be at ¼ full or less. The oil level in the auto should remain at normal level. The auto should be equipped with normal accessories only, additional cargo is not permitted.
5. When transporting garden hoses, please drain all water out of the hose and connect the ends tightly, just in case there is some liquid remaining inside.
6. Any item affixed to the wall or ceiling must be taken down in order for the movers to pack and ship them. This includes ceiling fans, light fixtures, drapery rods, etc.
7. Any articles located in an attic or an overhead storage area must be brought to floor level for packing and/or loading. Residence damage liability prevents us from being able to access these areas. Please have this done prior to the packing or loading day of your shipment.
8. Trash cans and barbeque grills must be free of debris and washed out prior to loading day.
9. The refrigerator and freezer should be emptied and defrosted prior to load day. Due to conditions beyond our control, we cannot transport any frozen or perishable foods.